Wednesday, December 17, 2014

There bad comes with good. BUT the good is what to remember.

I remember walking into my first day of preschool. How excited I was. Just a cute innocent 5 year old. Taking on adventures other than being a princess locked in a tower.

I remember having the largest smile on my 6 year old face walking into kindergarten with all of the "big kids".

I remember being chubby but still somewhat of a cut little 7 year old girl finally going into 1 grade where I could now finally go to my full day of school, with lunch, and recess.

I remember being 8...and that is when it began. I remember walking down the hallway just a little girl happy to be there when a big kid told me I was fat and ugly..and to put down that candy bar and start doing some sit-ups...crushed..

I remember being in fourth grade at a new school, a new state. I remember having wire brimmed glasses with a fat belly and 2 chins. Getting bullied every single day.

I remember knowing what depression was at the age of 11...I remember asking my dad in the 6 grade what I can do to loose weight. I remember being scared to go to school becuase I didn't know who was going to be next to tear me down that day.

I remember finally being in middle school, a confused 14 year old 8 grader. Far from ever knowing who I really was. I remember my self image being the lowest of the low, my heart shattered into pieces.

I remember being in the 9th grade. I remember watching all of my friends get tall and skinny and pretty. I remember letting anorexia get the best of me, suicide controlling my thoughts and my emotions everyday worst then the last.

But there does come a time in each of our lives where we realize what the past means, and what that can also mean for the future.

I remember when I finally got into high school and feeling a sense of release. That no one could hurt me anymore.

I remember the first time I really went out of my way for someone to make them feel good.

I remember the first time I walked down the hall and shared a smile with a perfect stranger and me not being worried about myself.

I remember the first time I watched someone drop their stuff and I went out of my way to help them pick it up.

I remember the first time I painted a disabled girls nails and the way she smiled and laughed and the way she felt beautiful!

\I remember the first time I held my little brother and his hands and feet were so small and so precious.

I remember the first time I took a run during a magnificent sunset outside.

I remember the first time I hugged my family all five of us and that moment and all of the times there after I will feel that burning passion love from my family.

I remember...so much bad...but with the bad..comes so much good...and the good is the things to remember.

2 comments:

  1. Crying. You are so brave, so many people would't be able to go what you went through, let a lone find something good in it. You are such an inspiration and I know that you're going to change lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And the last line, mmmmmhhhh:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Elizabeth. Thanks for being brave and finding good in something so hard. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete