Sunday, November 2, 2014

Death is coming. What are you going to do about it?

What do you think it will be like to die?
Will we float out of our bodies or walk?
Will we stand at the pearly gates in the clouds with God there to welcome us or will we roam the earth for a little while as a spirit?
So many questions with so little answers. I guess the only way to get the answers would be to die.
But I am sure as heck not ready to go.

Life is funny isn't it? We search our whole lives for something. For achievement for a purpose for anything to give us a reason to live. And then... to die.
 
To die...
Those to words haunt my soul. They shake my spirit and rattle my bones. It makes me quiver to imagine those words rolling across my mind.
To know.. that will be me someday laying in that coffin, ice cold, make up all on my face, my lips and eyes waxed shut. It makes me sick to think about.
 I don't want people crying, moaning and groaning at my funeral.If anything I want it to be a celebration.
I know that is the strangest thing.
But I want people to celebrate the life I lived, the difference I made the people I effected.
I want people to be laughing about the memories we made and the love we shared.
By the time I die..which i hope is a long time from now..I hope I have made so many memories my funeral will go on for hours and people will be laughing and sharing and comforting eachother.

Death doesn't always have to be dark and scary.

The grim reaper has really ruined our whole conception of death We look at this and all we can think about is that is coming for us someday. When really we ourselves are the grim reaper.
We are killing ourselves by focusing on death one little bit at a time.

So think of the good things. One day when you die you will meet God oh how glorious that day will be. You will see all of your family that has passed. People you never even knew will be congratulating you on your journey on earth and welcoming you home.
You will be in heaven. So much beauty I don't think our minds will be able to comprehend how beautiful it will be.
Losing someone is sad.
No.
Losing someone you love is terrible. But it isn't so bad when you know what they are going to.

Death is frightening of course. Even scarier is how we are going to die. But why think about that?
We are here living now. BE HERE NOW! Enjoy what you have NOW. Love everyone you know NOW.
Death is coming. What am I going to do about it? Nothing there's nothing I can do but live in the moment and enjoy the little things.
Your time will come I can promise you that. I think we think too much. No more thinking just doing. Love the life you live, live the life you love and everything will turn out the way it should.

1 comment:

  1. "Death doesn't always have to be dark and scary." I loved this post! Awesome job! I totally agree that death doesn't have to be scary. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the post. :)

    ReplyDelete